Who dat didn’t choke up at this?

by Lian on February 7, 2010

Who dat gonna beat my dad?

Who dat gonna beat my dad?

My apologies to Colts fans… but I am guessing that even those of you who bleed blue and white choked up when Drew Brees held his son Baylen after the Saints’ victory. It was a moment to make grown men cry– like the time that Olympic sprinter pulled his hamstring and his dad helped him cross the finish line.  My slightly teary -eyed husband took the moment to remind me that he had wanted to name our first born “Bailen”– a combination of letters from all my sisters names–  but I had bailed on Bailen at the last minute on the grounds that it was “not a real name.” Who’s crying now?

Way to go, Saints!

Christine February 9, 2010 at 8:35 AM

agree I didn’t like the WHO as halftime entertainment..just not good…
many other great choices…so why?? elated at Saints victory…

t3zoo February 8, 2010 at 7:18 PM

pat in oc–you’re cracking me up! Yeah, Teenage Wasteland just seemed a little ridiculous.

Denise February 8, 2010 at 3:35 PM

Reminded me of when speedskater Dan Jansen took his infant daughter on the victory lap at the Lillehammer Olympics.

Lian February 8, 2010 at 2:24 PM

I don’t remember ever crying for a super bowl victory. And last night–Ieven got choked up watching the press conference, so I know how you felt Sandy.

sandy in newport February 8, 2010 at 1:16 PM

Everything has already been said what the win meant to NOLA, and I couldn’t add anything to that except, to say that game made me feel the same way that I felt when Sully landed the plane, when Obama was inaugurated, and when the balloon boy wasn’t on the balloon…kinda like crying…

Lian February 8, 2010 at 10:36 AM

I have to agree about The Who. Wow… not good. Not good at all. Listening to Pete crock out “Teen…..Age….. Waste….Land” was really sad. It is shocking with all the great acts there in Miami that they went the Dinosaurs of Rock route. I think the NFL has run through them all now. Except maybe the Doobies…

pat in o.c. February 8, 2010 at 10:03 AM

The Who.
Was there no one under 75 available?
They looked winded before they started.

It was Miami, how about Gloria, Jennifer Lopez,
Jimmy Buffett, Hootie, a Haitian band, something.

pat in o.c. February 8, 2010 at 9:59 AM

Diehard Chargers fan here….and glad Breese won. Though, I would rather he had won w/the bolt on his helmet. Oh well. All of San Diego is shaking their heads today, what might have been had they kept Breese
after his major surgery…….Phillip Rivers is great. But, we’ll always wonder what might have been w/Breese in San Diego the past three
years.

Congrats to Drew & his family!

He’s a good guy. Nice for the team & city.

But, please, enough of Reggie (USC-NCAA, how’s that going Reggie),
and Kim – please no more! No more Ellen & Brangelina & drunken
people on Bourbon Street.

Sorry, with his recent track record, once Obama picked the Colts,
you knew things were going to be bumpy for Peyton’s guys.
Peyton, you did a Brett Favre w/that interception. The Colts are
The Braves of the NFL….over a decade, the best regular season
records….and yet, only one championship to show for it. Yikes.

zephyr February 8, 2010 at 6:01 AM

Oh, I know…didn’t know much about Brees before the last couple of weeks, but now: Love that guy!! The best image from the night.

What a story…What a game!!! I like Manning (all of the Mannings) a lot, but it was so great to see the Saints figure him out and befuddle him…and WIN!!

In a little while I’ll go back to focusing on favorite team who didn’t do so good this year…but this Super Bowl…wow…it really was super!

kbradcliffe February 8, 2010 at 4:37 AM

Just saw the replay on ESPN….. made me cry for sure. I’m holding a sleeping Kaeden, who wanted the blue team to win (hey, he’s 4 and blue is his fave color). Bravo to the Saints and Drew!

carolabo February 8, 2010 at 3:54 AM

Loved it. Loved that the baby was at the game with noise cancelling head phones. Brilliant!

Jill February 8, 2010 at 3:44 AM

What a class class act!!