Chaos Chronicles Podcast 221 is up!

by Lian on February 19, 2010

hahaha. Being 45 makes me laugh!

hahaha. Being 45 makes me laugh!

Thanks for all the birthday wishes– here, there and everywhere! For someone who is “not a birthday person,” I am sure enjoying the attention!

Chaos Chronicles 221 is up at the website. As I write this, we are still working on some technical issues with iTunes. Again, the quirkiness of iTunes is not our friend. But Sarah is troubleshooting and our mystery man/iTunes expert Blair in on the job. We do what we can here at the CCHQ, but we are always at the mercy of technology!  Miracle or nightmare, just depends on the day. So keep checking your iTunes account, or listen here at the site.

On the show this week:

The Chaos Chronicles: Yeah, my husband’s out of town! Why I love Occasional Business Travel!

The Olympics: My view from the couch. For more Olympic observations, check out my daily Random Thoughts at the satellitesistersblog.

In the news: important studies about Teens and Sleep and Girls and Sports.

Finally, my To Do List: A “What Was I Thinking” volunteer commitment.

Have a great weekend all. I will update iTunes users when we have the problem corected. Thanks!

Lian February 27, 2010 at 3:16 PM

Laurie– you are welcome. My telents are many– including meal planning! haha. Lian

Laurie February 27, 2010 at 1:46 PM

Never tried cottage cheese and salsa before but I tried it after your story. Now…….LOVE IT!!! Thank you so much.

Kristin February 21, 2010 at 3:02 PM

So, how was the bartending gig?

KAOP February 20, 2010 at 4:20 PM

I have not heard the podcast yet, but I enjoy Husband O.B.T. too…. it keeps me from strangling him! :)

chpdlivr February 20, 2010 at 3:27 PM

Loved the podcast and I, too, save it for Saturday. That’s usually the day I walk alone…….me and my ipod. The podcast takes me around the lake. I know I’ve made good time if I get back to my car when you are signing off.
I, too, started dating Dr. Oz…….on a irregular basis. Even that paid off!! I ordered the JJill chinos in two sizes and will be returning the larger size. I was walking around the house with the pants turned up on the bottom several times and did not want to take them off…….very comfy!! I may hold off on getting them hemmed for another month…..if Dr. Oz and I get into a steady relationship, I may need an even smaller size! (wishful thinking)

So, maybe you should post a picture of the boots…..I could use some new ones, too! Since you didn’t steer me wrong on the chinos…..

I’m totally with you on being home alone from time to time. My husband travels a bit more, but I enjoy turning on the radio in the middle of the night and eating cereal for dinner. Think I’ll try cottage cheese and salsa next time! Thanks, Lian.

t3zoo February 20, 2010 at 11:53 AM

As always, love the show.

On teens, sleep, and blue light: interesting, and makes me glad my teens walk a mile each way to and from school! maybe that blue light is keeping them awake during the day and asleep at night! now about those test scores…..

Annie K February 20, 2010 at 10:25 AM

Hi Lian,
Just listened to your podcast on my Saturday morning run. I always save it for Saturday morning. Love it!! I too went to see Percy Jackson with my daughter who read the book. I really enjoyed it. She loved it too, but said how different the book was. I had to find out for myself, so I started reading the book. It is very different, but I am thoroughly enjoying the book too. I am hooked and will start the second book in the series when I finish book 1. Thanks for the great podcasts, I really enjoy listening to them. Can’t wait to hear how the party and especially “the bar”" went at your son’s fundraiser. A belated happy birthday to you!

MNMama February 19, 2010 at 6:10 PM

Happy Birthday Lian! Hope you had a great day.
My daughter turns six (!) tomorrow and I had a fun day today with a gaggle of five and six-year-old-girls at her b-day party (her school is off this week – woo hoo – a party on a weekday!). It was SO delightful. Tomorrow is the family bash with the Grandmas and Grandpas. I think about you and your sisters sometimes during b-days…I’ve heard you comment that b-days were not much of a big deal in your house growing up (not surprising with eight kids!). Such a contrast with my family, b-day celebrations were/are an absolute must. The celebrations go on for days!
Hope you had the b-day you wanted, be it quiet or rollicking!
Also an FYI – I subscribe to the podcast via iTunes and have not experienced any problems lately (maybe I just jinxed it???).

Cyndi February 19, 2010 at 5:33 PM

Happy birthday Lian you young thing you! 45 is a great year – old enough to have some wisdom under your belt and young enough to explore so many new avenues.

Always look forward!!

Kathy T February 19, 2010 at 12:57 PM

Happy Birthday! Miss you and the sisters, especially during the olympics, but have loved reading your blog posts about them. Enjoy your day, your cottage cheese, pj’s and tv.

Jan in Ventura February 19, 2010 at 11:41 AM

Happy Birthday, Lian! You’re only six months ahead of me and I can’t believe 45 either!