Monday Morning To Do List

by Lian on March 22, 2010

How did it get to be Monday already? The weekend passed in a vortex of youth sports and laundry. Now, my husband is out of town again, the calendar is packed with activities and carpools and I have a zillion work things to accomplish this week.  Feels like I need a Monday Morning To Do list to get me focused!

Stop focusing on my toes:  I have actual important work to do this week and somehow, I can’t stop thinking about my green nail polish! Yes, last week, in a St. Patty’s Day moment of insanity, I painted my toes bright green. Cute at the time; now heinous. I need a color change bad… but I also need to do some re-writes on the novel. What comes first?

Follow-up: I have some work threads out there– pitches, ideas, let’s- get- together sort of things– and now I need to follow-up.

Make appointments: So far behind in getting my kids orthodontia, I am embarrassed. We started the process last summer– but the follow-up has been interrupted by my sons’ frequent illnesses this year and other items. I managed to call Friday afternoon to set up appointments, only to find the office closed at 2! On it today. Welcome to braces, kids.

Sort out Spring Break: It’s happening and we are not prepared! Like every year. Trying to get my husband to commit to vacation dates is harder than getting him to commit to marriage! Life time together? Sure, sign me up. Four days off? Hmm, I’m going to have to think about that.

There, I feel better now that I have written everything down. I am goign to forego my toes and call that orthodontist RIGHT NOW! What’s up with you all this week?

Embracing my Chaos,

Natalie March 23, 2010 at 2:53 PM

I, too, as an adjunct college professor have the next two weeks off. I have three field trips to chaperone this week, one for each daughter. My 11 year old is competing in the final competition of the Global Reading Challenge tonight and we are proud and excited for her. Her team came in third last year in the overall international competition. Two after school activities to pick up from. One soccer practice and one piano practice to drop-off/pick up a child from. I must do taxes now that my grades are done, so that is my main focus for the rest of the week. Chaos…..truly chaos! :)

Alan M March 23, 2010 at 11:32 AM

I am on Spring Break this week, but for a professor that means making sure that classes for Spring quarter are prepared. And they mostly are.

I am swinging up to my daughter’s college tomorrow for a visit and to take her out to dinner. Looking forward to that.

Lian March 23, 2010 at 7:23 AM

KBR– the facts that you are initiating ortho at age 7 only makes me feel worse that I have delayed Brookes until 14! Though– his teeth are pretty good and it took forever for all his baby teeth to fall out!

Yes, I made 5 appointments for the 2 boys over the next 2 months to get all geared up! Now, I will have to find a second job to pay for it!

kbradcliffe March 23, 2010 at 3:44 AM

Finish the darn portfolio required for certification for a job that will prove to be elusive. The state of schools in Illinois is frightening…..

Tackle an eye doctor appointment for me (please, no bifocals), a dentist appt for 7 yo who will a few weeks from now have orthodontia initiated (omg), try to finish up a few service projects. I love the service behind this group, but the “requirements” to be a service minded person are starting to drive me nuts.

Run another 10 miler. Two weeks til the 1/2….wish I could channel my inner Mari and her stamina!

Cyndi March 23, 2010 at 3:27 AM

Recovering from surgery so it will be a low key week of reading and catching up with the news. Maybe a little paperwork catchup.

But after this week … full steam ahead!

FYI Lian … my son is the last in my family to get braces and his treatment time is dramatically shorter than my older daughters due to newer 3D xray technology – a more precise plan of attack. Maybe the same luck for your sons?

Mari (Bookworm with a View) March 22, 2010 at 6:15 PM

Book club tomorrow night

I just found out we are traveling this weekend and I have ALOT of pretrip prep involved. Change is coming!

t3zoo March 22, 2010 at 5:16 PM

somehow the weekend got away from me and i neglected to get birthday gifts for my son and nephew who will turn 11 and 2, respectively, on Saturday. So I must find a way to get some gifts, wrap them, prepare chil for the hot dog bar we’ll have for the birthday, and get assorted snacks for the slumber party of five 11 year olds on Friday night! I should be banking some sleep rather than shopping, but this past weekend was the first gorgeous, spring-like weather we’ve had in the northeast and I just didn’t want to be in a mall. So shop it is.

Christine D. March 22, 2010 at 12:32 PM

For this week I am enjoying a vacation in arizona.. my daughter had a miracle baby march 7th; so, much to enjoy besides the climate… the scenery is so colorful and nice right now.. staying in the moment.
then its back to reality… divorcing at 62, and not sure of anything in my future, but that I deserve better regard and treatment….2010 is the year for my investment in a more self enhancing life… I feel better already but sad, yes…for what was supposed to have been… as “they” say…
Lian, some of your tasks will get checked off fast… many take less time they we know, but they weigh heavy when there are so many.. I know…hang in there and stick to the list…

Christine P March 22, 2010 at 11:12 AM

Thanks for asking =) My week is peppered with four volunteer commitments, cleaning house (after mayhem of 11 year old girls’ birthday party), dog walking, gym, and family time. No Spring Break vacay for us this year-so we are going to be home focussing on quality family time.

Ummm, is the sudden onset of ‘EVERYTHING is a negotiation’ in my home an ‘I am 11 now’ trait or a phase? Help? How did this happen, I seem to be losing my ‘adult status benefits’ at an exponential rate.