I’m back at the keyboard– after vacation, a Saturday triathalon of baggage unloading, grocery shopping and doing laundry , a big family party on Sunday in honor of my niece Ruthie visiting from NYC, supervising a take home math test for Brookes, and dropping Colin off at the ferry terminal for a week of spring break camp on Catalina Island. On the rush hour ride home from the port, I had some time to think about All The Things I Am Enjoying at the Moment:
1. I am enjoying my Life Unexpected on the CW. Last week’s episode of this charming show was a total tearjerker. I watched it last night, after cleaning up the party dishes. My sister Sheila, staying with me for the week, found me in a puddle of tears at the end of the episode. Tonight’s the season finale, so if you haven’t gotten on this bandwagon, it’s not too late.
2. I am enjoying a fresh supply of Dove products. Whoever invented Dove Cream Oil deserves a special commendation from the Dry Skin Council. And, the Go Fresh line of hair care and body wash makes me happy because the packaging features a grapefruit and the word “fresh” several times. Next to pomegranates, I believe in the grapefruit as a beauty ingredient. And you know how I feel about “freshness.” I’m not a paid spokesperson, but I am thinking about claiming the shampoo tagline as my own personal motto: A get- it- going boost. Wake up. Go Fresh.
3. I am enjoying the rain. Southern California is like a normal place this year. Every so often, we get rain! Last night, it poured and then stopped. That hardly ever happens here. We usually get two or three big rain storms, but never “occasional rain!” I haven’t had the sprinklers on since October.
4. I am enjoying the continued dialogue on blog about rice as a solution for wet electronics devices. I admit, I thought this was a joke when Chris suggested “plunging the iTouch into a bowl of rice.” But Chris sent in the proof, in the form of a Real Simple article. More rice-plunging stories please.
5. I am enjoying the resurgence of Betty White. She’s everywhere- on Ellen, on Oprah, in the shower with Hugh Jackman- and she deserves it. I want to be like Betty White at 88: funny, warm, never taking herself too seriously but taking her work seriously. More Betty, less bitterness, that’s what I say.
6. I am enjoying the Yankees insignia my son inserted on my nav bar. I don’t know how he did it, but he assured me I would like it. I do. Thanks, Brookes.
7. I am enjoying more tea, less coffee. Don’t worry, Coffee Achievers, I still couldn’t make it through the morning without java, but a little herbal tea in the afternoon, instead of another mug of joe, appears to be working wonders on my skin. No medical proof, just a theory.
8. I am enjoying planning my trip to Vegas. Seriously! Two nights in Vegas next week. I’m the “plus one” on my husband’s work trip. We’re staying at the Encore, sister hotel to the Wynn, which looks to be over the top in all the right ways! My plan is to never leave the property but avoid the European Pool Area.
9. I am enjoying the e-mails about being spotted other places. Today, I got a tip from Bonnie that my Momtourage piece was on the CNN homepage. Yesterday, I was spotted on MSN. Does that mean that I can call both Anderson Cooper and Al Roker my “colleagues?”
10. I am enjoying chicken. As Mr. Burns once put on The Simpsons, “Chicken is the gift we give ourselves.” So true.
What are you enjoying this week? Lian