The Gracie Awards Chaos-style!

by Lian on May 26, 2010

Hello, Chaos Crew.  After an evening of glamour and glitter at the 2010 Gracie Allen Awards in Los Angeles, I am back at home where I should be: in front of my computer wearing my Pajama Jeans and drinking coffee.

Update at 3:00 PST: New  Chaos Chronicles Podcast Posted. Special Edition Gracie Awards recap!

Rachel goes to work on my dramatic eye look!

Rachel goes to work on my dramatic eye look!

The fact that I was a presenter last night , not a winner, meant that I did not get to give a thank you a speech. So I thought I’d give one now…

As you know, getting a podcaster/writer who works in her closet to a black tie event is a team effort. I could not have done it without my collaborators: Christy, from the  spray-on tan place, from my insecurity, you created magic. I was almost as tan as the summer of ’86 when I lifeguarded in Florida. And, to Noelle at Vons who took my debit card out of my wallet for me because I had just had a manicure, thank you for the chip- free hands.

Lian Dolan gets ready for Gracie Awards

Michelle adds fairy dust.

To Michelle and Rachel, there are not words to tell you how much I appreciate professional hair and make-up.  The sheer number of products you used on my body– from false eyelashes to hair shine– was astonishing. Yet, I could still move my face! You were right, I still glowed at midnight!

A special thanks you to my pre-Gracie Skin Rejuvenation Team of Ginger, David , Meaghan and everybody at Natural Skin Shop. When I called out for a glycolic regime, you answered my plea.  We talked, we consulted, I confessed my crimes against collagen and you sent me products. After two weeks on my Ginger-recommended protocol, I look ten year younger– and that’s not something I say lightly.  Seriously. Customer for life. Thank you for caring, thanks for sending the serums and peels and that fantastic night oil stuff ! I promise to keep on peeling!

Ready for my close-up thanks to my team!

Ready for my close-up thanks to my team!

Finally, I’d like to thank my husband who usually does not get acknowledged in speeches like this because he does not get involved in the Chaos of award shows. But yesterday, with Colin at home suffering from the cold I gave him and my trusted babysitter out sick with the cold I gave her, Berick showed up to take charge. Thanks, Honey! Please note that I tried to bring home one of the chocolate mousse desserts in my purse! It’s a little smushed, but it’s for you.

For more Gracie Award photos and Back Stage Celebrity sighting, visit Satellite Sisters.com.

This week’s parenting column at oprah.com is a Thank You to Betty White! She has givens moms everywhere a great gift: decades of our lives back!

Nancy (nhgrmi) June 5, 2010 at 8:01 AM

You look great! But then you do without all the serums and hairspray :)

Mari (Bookworm with a View) May 28, 2010 at 11:42 AM

Lian, You look amazing!

That’s all I have today – it’s been a crazy week! My husband is home for the weekend, then gone for over 3 weeks, he comes home the night before we drive 24 hours straight through to our new house, and leaves for Hong Kong the very next day. Exhausted yet?! I’m going to take a 30 mins nap before getting in a quick run.

Have a wonderful weekend and I hope you find time to relax, Mari

William J. May 28, 2010 at 6:08 AM

I listened to the Podcast last night and I now better understand why naturally beautiful women would go the extra mile with beauty treatments. I haven’t and won’t change my mind that you and your sisters all fall into the naturally beautiful category that don’t need enhancements. However, you looked so incredible at the Gracies that I am seriously considering humiliating myself and getting a spray tan. The problem is that I will stick out like a sore thumb because I will be the only one in Portland with a tan.

Great Podcast! Thanks, Lian, for all you do to bring joy into everyone’s lives.

Great Lakes May 27, 2010 at 12:01 PM

Looking good! All the “prep work” paid off because it certainly shows. Looked at Satellite Sisters blog-the photos of you & Liz are stunning.

chpdlivr May 27, 2010 at 11:04 AM

Loved the stories on the podcast today. The only spray on tan I’ve ever done has been in a booth, with a hairnet and face mask on standing in some kind of “ninja” position watching for green lights to tell me when to turn around. Your experience sounds almost spa like!!

Jennie May 27, 2010 at 10:26 AM

LOVED the podcast! It cracked me up. And I’ll have you know that your fancy Hollywood escapades kept me company while I weeded 300 row feet of garlic, no less! And, you make me feel like I should do glycolics and have an affair with Dr. Oz — stunning!

chpdlivr May 26, 2010 at 4:51 PM

You look fantastic! I may have to call that skin place. Thanks for keeping us all in the loop. It’s been fun to hear and see.

Chris in San Diego May 26, 2010 at 1:42 PM

Lian – all that staying out of the kitchen in the afternoon, the glycolic peels, the dress, the haircut, the spray-on tan, the make-up—-well worth every bit of it. You look amazing! (So does Liz—loved the photos on SS.) So glad it was fun and a big success! :-)

t3zoo May 26, 2010 at 1:23 PM

wow-you look gorgeous!

vicki aka zephyr May 26, 2010 at 10:47 AM

You look beautiful!! Both you and LIz!!

Nesewig May 26, 2010 at 10:28 AM

You look amazing! The dress, makeup, hair – everything is perfect.

Susan in Iowa May 26, 2010 at 9:49 AM

Absolutely gorgeous – your dress color, your glowing skin, hair, jewelry, sparkling eyes – you look breathtaking! What a wonderful break from everyday life – how fun! Thanks for sharing!!

Celia C May 26, 2010 at 9:47 AM

You looked amazing – I’m so glad that the dress was still there!

kbradcliffe May 26, 2010 at 9:21 AM

Lian,

Gorgeous!!!! Makes me wish I could have professional hair and make up all the time! :)

Kristin