Chaos Chronicles 432: Wedding Report, Holiday Gifts and a Brand New Color!

by Lian on October 15, 2011

Happy Friday, Chaos Crew. We’re making a few technical changes here at The Chaos Chronicles, so I spent the afternoon trying to convert my podcast into a more acceptable format for our new server–with no luck. Thankfully, I have people. Well, thankfully, I have Sarah in NYC and she has managed the conversion for me. Hence, Chaos Chronicles Podcast 432.

Next week, it’s my turn to take on Adobe Audio. Which reminds me that it’s important to keep learning and staying on top of new technology, no matter how frustrating it is!

On the Show This week:

Lian’s Wedding Report: Details from our family trip to celebrate my nephew’s wedding in New Orleans. The food, the  ceremony, the Michael Jackson Tribute Band. And, oh yeah, the happy couple!

Holiday Gift Guide courtesy of SkyMall: How can so many extraneous items be packed into one freakish catalog? I don’t know, but I had some fun on the plane narrowing down a few gift items. Here’s a hint: Condiments Fortified with Protein!

The To Do List: Two parents, two boys, one football game, three soccer games, one lacrosse camp, one bar mitvah, one school picnic and one dinner with friends . Can we squeeze it all in?

What’s on your To Do List for the weekend?

Embracing My Chaos, Lian

The Chaos Chronicles Podcast and Website are broadcast partners with makinglifebetter.com Lian Dolan is the Family Expert at makinglifebetter.com. Click here to find exclusive content from Lian Dolan, like her tips for Cutting the Chaos this Halloween. Thanks, makinglifebetter.com for helping us Embrace our Chaos.

This week’s featured recipe is Sweet Potato Pancakes with Brown Sugar Cream.

Related posts:

Recipe and tips for taming Midweek Madness with Meal Planning

Recipes and tips for a great Girls Night Out

Recipes and Tips for a Neighborhood Get-together

Lian October 18, 2011 at 4:09 PM

Sue, I doubt your grandma status is ever in jeopardy! Lian

Lian October 18, 2011 at 4:08 PM

Make sure you include Soft Shell Crab in your weekend. Have fun! Lian

chpdlivr October 18, 2011 at 6:46 AM

Just finished listening to the podcast. I loved your take on the wedding weekend. Thanks for including the food ordered at Saturday breakfast! I am always asking folks what they ate while on trips…..always fun to hear about (is that weird?). It made me smile to hear that your husband took #1 son back to the hotel to change. Way to go!!

I’m heading to NYC for a girls weekend on Thursday. Sure hope we still like each other on Sunday! 7 women could equal our own form of Chaos!!

Cyndi October 16, 2011 at 4:03 PM

I’ve got to catch up with my podcast listening! Busy with school and company but I will be back on track shortly. Can’t wait to hear about your SkyMall gift idea … I just love reading that on a plane for some strange reason. So many *useful* items that you don’t actually need. The last time I flew, I was intrigued by the $5 a day bank – put a $5 bill in the bank every day (M-F) and at the end of the year you would have saved $1300 … of course the bank is $49 so you must deduct that haha …

Sue in NJ October 16, 2011 at 7:18 AM

Sorry for the grammatical error – should read “where my” even though the where is an “in”. Hah!

Sue in NJ October 16, 2011 at 7:16 AM

Must find ideas for and make four Halloween cards or my grandma-standing is in jeopardy! Must keep cleaning floors and surfaces where “traces” of plumbers and painters are left behind. Enjoy a shower in my newly created, glass-doored shower now exists :-) Must listen to Podcast 432 – what a treat!

Beckett Graham October 15, 2011 at 1:54 PM

Weekend To Do list:
Leaves! Where do all of these “guest leaves” come from?
Halloween – Need Ninja swords and candy
Going to the 1st birthday of a set of triplets!