Random Thoughts on Justin Bieber, the Green Bay Packers and Roasted Beets

by Lian on November 7, 2011

I don't know about you, but I am sick and tired of seeing Leo age in movies. Somebody, put him in a suit and get him a romantic lead. I'm begging you.

Monday morning seems like a fine time to fire off a few Random Thoughts.

I still get freaked out by the time change. Where do we get an extra hour? Where?

The extra hour yesterday provided me with an extra hour to bake, burn and eat Oatmeal Chocolate Chip cookies.

I was in my pajamas at 6:30 pm last night.

I miss the Oxford comma.

Believe me, as the mother of teen boys, I would rather have the “awkward conversation” about the HPV vaccine than the “awkward conversation” about Justin Bieber fathering a child.

Oh, wait. Maybe they’re the same  awkward conversation.

Nobody makes me laugh harder than my sisters. Listen for proof here on the new Satellite Sisters podcast.

Roasted beets are very messy.

Brian Williams may be very charming and wear great ties but “Rock Center” is the dumbest name for a news program ever.

Oh, good! Gloria Allred is now involved in Herman Cain story. Was she in a coma the last few weeks? What took her so long to call a press conference?

I’m all for Leo stretching his acting chops with this J. Edgar thing, but how about a flat-out romantic role for Mr. Di Caprio in the near future? No aging make-up, no special effects or weird accents. Just some really good suits. Please.

What? His next movie is a Baz Lurhman take on The Great Gatsby? My prayers have been answered.

Go, Packers.

Go, Galaxy.

I’m debating trading out Creamed Onions for Braised Balsamic Onions on Thanksgiving. Thoughts?

I’m no Stanford fan usually, but come on, how can Alabama be #3 in the BCS poll and Stanford #4 ? And, please, don’t say the words “strength of schedule.”

I just finished a book in which the “hero” was a bond trader in 2007. Hahahaha. What an awful book.

Are we really shocked the Kim K is not giving back the ring?

Is it time for bed yet?

Related posts:

Random Thoughts on Michael Jackson, Airplanes and Ice Cream Names

Random Thoughts from Dentist’s Waiting Room

Lian November 9, 2011 at 8:37 AM

Mari– Roasted beets are delicious– butseriously messy, as they are roasted with the skin on, then you have to peel skin when cooled. So don’t try to pull them off on Thanksgiving because it would be too much. You can do a few days head, then use them in a salad– my plan!

Cyndi November 8, 2011 at 7:05 PM

Bake, burn and eat haha things never change! Funny thoughts. Thanks for reminding me how much I laughed when I listened to the HPV vaccine *pep* talk – you certainly know how to get your point across Lian!

mari (Bookworm with a View) November 8, 2011 at 4:57 AM

Love these posts.

Roasted Beets… new recipe/concept to me. When you mentioned them on the podcast I was wondering how one goes about roasting a beet. Is it really good? I might try this for Thanksgiving. Just one beet though, since we are cooking for two and my husband won’t try it. :)

Justin Beiber… I hope he is not the father. Think of all the tween girls who idolize this kid.

William J. November 7, 2011 at 5:27 PM

I’ve always hated the time changes but since I have been responsible for managing my Mom’s medication and her health I hate the time changes even more. Both times the time changes it knocks off mom’s sleeping patterns and medication schedules as it does for most of the elderly. In rare cases the time change might be fatal for some elderly under the right circumstances and with the right medication. Especially the ones left alone to their own devices.

Speaking of Stanford, they did a study that concluded “There was a significant increase in accidents for the Monday immediately following the spring shift to DST (t=1.92, P=0.034). There was also a significant increase in number of accidents on the Sunday of the fall shift from DST ” If you want the link to the study I will forward it to you. I honestly don’t care if they keep Standard or Daylight time but just pick one and keep it all year.

As to the football Stanford and the Pac-10, Pac-10 schools get hosed by the BCS computers. The human polls had Stanford second in one, third in the other. The average computer ranking for Stanford was 7. The low ranking was because the Pac-10 just isn’t respected in the South and on The East Coast where the computers are programmed. Even though Stanford got hosed I’m not rooting for them the week (Go Ducks).

Bill

ErinM November 7, 2011 at 12:00 PM

Braised balsamic onions sound delicious. Post the recipe, please!
I heard that supposedly Kim K and Kris H’s prenup says that she must pay him for the engagement ring if she wants to keep it. Not sure if it’s true, but I sure hope so.

Michele November 7, 2011 at 11:15 AM

Commas, commas, and more commas. I didn’t know that the Oxford had left us! I agree with you:)

Kathy in Atlanta November 7, 2011 at 9:56 AM

I’m with you, Lian, regarding Leo.
2 of my random thoughts that belong in the comments on your previous blog:

l. I always thought the Kardasians were the alien enemy race in Star Trek Deep Space Nine.

2. AORBS: Amalgamated Order of Real Bearded Santas
This is a fact; their true labor union.