Chaos Chronicles Podcast 437: Thankgiving Special !

by Lian on November 23, 2011

Cooking up your stuffing sausage today? Download the Chaos Chronicles Podcast 437  and  enjoy a Thanksgiving Special This week on the show:

Make Thanksgiving Fun for Everyone! Click here to read my tips from makinglifebetter.com on how to make Thanksgiving a holiday of gratitude, not attitude. Having relatives over? Send them the link so they know how to prepare!

Entertainment ideas for Thanksgiving night ! Think Pumpkins being propelled by homemade catapults sounds like perfect family fun? I do.  Check out Punkin’ Chuckin’ on Discovery or Science channel at 8 pm EST/PST on Thanksgiving. Or play Dress Like A Turkey. Details on the podcast.

Pie Facts! Need something to  talk about on Thanksgiving around the table. I share Pie Facts from Parade Magazine.

Thanks to makinglifebetter.com for supporting The Chaos Chronicles Website and Podcast. Don’t forget to sign up for the 31 Days of Confection Perfection newsletter!  31 Days of holiday dessert recipes in your inbox. And, 31 chances to win a standing mixer. Thanks, makinglifebetter.com for making the holiday season a little sweeter.

Off to work on the creamed onions and cranberry sauce. Will post photos tomorrow.

Embracing my Chaos,

Lian November 29, 2011 at 8:30 AM

Sensible plan, Prof Alan. More on school projects on this week’s show.

Lian November 29, 2011 at 8:30 AM

Punkin Chunkin was awesome. better than I expected. a new tradition. Lian

Adrian November 28, 2011 at 7:45 AM

Lian,

My daughter and I discovered Pumpkin Chunkin last year on the Discovery Channel. How had we gotten this far in life without ever catching this quality program? It resembles a barbaric festival, but it is steeped in science and engineering. It’s the best of both worlds! We recorded it this year. We haven’t watched it yet, but we will never miss it again! We might even buy a pumpkin pie for the event. We won’t be dressed as turkeys.

William J. November 26, 2011 at 9:48 AM

Loved the Podcast. I am really glad you decided on Casual Thanksgiving and decided not to go on the Freeway Friday. Your voice sound so cheerful and happy it made me happy.

By the way my dinner turned out great. No food related emergency room visits. People even asked if they could take leftovers home. I am basking in the light of my success and thinking about taking cooking classes! The honeybaked ham as you mentioned on the podcast was a good choice. That and I saw some buffet warming trays for sale at Bi-Mart and got a couple of those. I had read when you have a crew that doesn’t manage time well coming to visit (1 dinner time means over an hour window) that having everything ready at the same time is a problem. Working the oven and the buffet trays together was great!

Enjoy the weekend!

Bill a.k.a. The Resident Bachelor

CLSD OPEN November 24, 2011 at 6:23 AM

Thanks for the great Thanksgiving podcast, Lian! I listened to it yesterday while making the cranberry sauce and dips for today. Loved the pie facts! Enjoy the “casual” Thanksgiving. Not heading to San Diego early Friday morning will feel like a gift of time you’ve given yourself—during which time you should put your feet up and enjoy an extra cup of hot cocoa! :) Happy Thanksgiving and thank you for all you do for us!

Professor Alan November 23, 2011 at 5:41 PM

Good decision about not going to San Diego this weekend, Lian. What our family has learned now that the “kids” (our daughter and her 2 cousins) are in college now is that Thanksgiving is a VERY busy time for students — your sons are just on the beginning stretch of that phase. My daughter spent waaaay too much time last Thanksgiving at the big family weekend doing research and writing her papers, which were all due the week or two right after Thanksgiving.

As a matter of fact, this year we are not doing the big Thanksgiving thing just for this reason. We have moved the big family get-together to Christmas, when all the college kids are on break.

Jennifer November 23, 2011 at 4:19 PM

Happy cooking, and oh, you are really making me miss getting Parade magazine in my paper!