I Resolve: Resolutions 2012

by Lian on January 3, 2012

I resolve to eat five of the seven foods that burn stomach fat.

I resolve to stop buying “desk organizers” and just organize my desk.

I resolve to be smarter than my water, even if I can’t be smarter than my phone.

I resolve to make it to Regionals.

I resolve to party rock in the house tonight.

I resolve to embrace the Color of the Year: Tangerine Tango.

I resolve to stop buying Groupon coupons I never use.

I resolve not to turn against the buyers on House Hunters when they demand 4 bedrooms for $300,000.

I resolve not to use “Lady Gaga” as a punchline like every other writer.

I resolve not to cry at Olympic montages that feature mothers of athletes.

I resolve to cook more farro, the supergrain of 2012.

I resolve not to wear my Uggs in public because I am older than 17.

I resolve to stop blaming the dryer for “shrinking my clothes.”

I resolve to wag more, bark less.

Embracing my Chaos,

Related Posts:

Lian’s 2011 To Do List

After the year of Let’er Rip, What’s Next? Let’s Dance in 2011

Ann January 6, 2012 at 6:46 AM

Regionals? In what??

Good luck with that desk organization thing. I always think buying the organizer will motivate me too, but it never works, I think maybe I just don’t want to organize.

Lian January 5, 2012 at 3:19 PM

Cyndi– Still working on my theme. I have one– but it’s a little dull. Maybe that’s okay. Lian

Lian January 5, 2012 at 3:18 PM

Melissa– believe it or not, sitting at my desk all day makes my feet cold. Not a lot of movement and we try to keep the house at 68, so my tootsies get chilly.

Thinking good thoughts for your mom. Cancer does deserve a good bark, if not a full-on howl!

nashgal January 5, 2012 at 2:21 PM

Sitting here laughing hysterically…. New Year!

Melissa E. January 5, 2012 at 11:05 AM

Where on earth do you wear your Uggs if not in public? Regardless, I can’t even imagine how sweaty they would make your feet on a sunny CA day. Uggs are more practical here in MN and we wear them everywhere in the winter, regardless of age! Today is going to be a record breaking 47 degrees; I won’t be wearing my Uggs – too hot!!!
I am SO with you on the desk organizers; I’m going to give that one a go myself.
My mom finishes chemo in late Feb; I too will try to be wagging more and barking less (even though cancer deserves a good, long bark).
As always, I’m looking forward to hearing about the Rose Parade in your next podcast. Happy 2012!

pat in o.c. January 5, 2012 at 8:56 AM

I resolve to continue to learn more about the world of social networking and social media, via The Chaos Chronicles. I now know what Stitcher, RSS Feed, Twitter, Blogs, Podcasts, Streaming are all about….. who knew.
You provide a great public service!

More wheat, less white.
More “I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter”, less butter.
More walking, less driving.
More reading, less tv.
More attendance of church services, other than just Sunday morning.

Cyndi January 4, 2012 at 9:16 AM

Great resolutions Lian – no theme or mantra this year? I need to find out what farro is and why it hasn’t been in my grocery cart … agree with you on coupons (or groupons) – I always throw them in a pile and then they taunt me until they expire and I throw them out.

I’ve declared this year (for me), the year of faith. I’m off to a great start!

Happy New Year.

William J. January 4, 2012 at 8:42 AM

I have been working pretty hard for a number of years with the care of my parents so this year my theme is going to be Let’s Play, Let’s Write.

Love your resolutions but what regionals?

yvonne madvig January 3, 2012 at 8:22 PM

Exactly what are the 7 foods that burn stomach fat? I’d love to know.

Kristin January 3, 2012 at 5:41 PM

Love this… Can I just copy it for myself? :)