Friday To Do List: Laundry, Groceries and Moneyball

by Lian on February 24, 2012

Hi, all. I’m very busy here,  recovering emotionally from my trip to the ER with Brookes after his allergic reaction to a cat and then diagnosing my own cold/fever/rash symptons. Paging, Dr. Google. And don’t worry, I have been in touch with various actual medical professionals on this!

While my  froggy voice recovers, I thought I’d simply jot down my To Do List:

Laundry Self explanatory after a week of illness.

Grocery Shopping See above.

Cramming for the Oscars NOT EVEN FUNNY how far behind I am on Oscar Viewing. What’s happened to me this year? All those high school soccer games really conflicted with my movie viewing. Todays Must Watch List: The Help and Moneyball. Why the rush? Because Entertaining Sheila and I will be guesting on The Mark Isler Show this Saturday Night for our Oscar picks! And right now, I’d have to say War Horse in every category because it’s pretty much the only one I’ve seen!

To listen to the  Mark Isler Show live or in podcast form, here’s what the producer says to do:

Since the show is live, please encourage friends and family to listen (if any have trouble with reception at 870 KRLA on the AM dial, they can listen by going to http://www.krla870.com and clicking on the “Listen Live” button).  Also for listeners to call into the show and ask questions or make comments, the phone number is 866.870.KRLA (5752). The show is now podcast, with shows archived, and can be accessed on the KRLA website or through Apple Itunes.

Embracing my  Chaos, Lian

pat in o.c. February 25, 2012 at 5:15 PM

The Help, only movie I saw in past several years where everyone in the theater- in Temecula -stood up and applauded when it concluded. I loved the movie, and both women should win the Oscar in their category. Best Picture too. From a non-Clooney fan, I truly enjoyed this movie. The Descendents surprised me from beginning to end, and I would understand if it won a slew of awards too. Including Mr. Clooney. The two actresses who played his daughters were very good too.

As long as Woody Allen doesn’t win anything, it’s ok w/me.

Jane in NH February 25, 2012 at 10:39 AM

So agree on Moneyball Karyn ! If it were just Brad Pitt and George Clooney for best actor then George would win hands one :)

William J. February 24, 2012 at 8:14 PM

I’ve seen all the movies except Hugo and here is my take on them:

Best movie The Artist. It is really hard to communicate without talking but the actors and actresses and Uggie (the dog) did a marvelous job of it. Some great dance scenes. A ode to old Hollywood. Great period costumes. Love story.

Close second The War House. Beautiful scenery. Touching story. Will be an epic.

The Descendants comes in third. A real take on end of life and moral decisions. Great acting and a thought provoking plot. Would I contact a male friend of my wife to tell him she is dying?

The Help. Good movie but doesn’t live up to the other movies mentioned above. Really good acting. Good storyline. Great costumes and some classic cars. And what a long way we have come from those days.

I did break my boycott of Woody Allen movies and went to Midnight In Paris. Actually enjoyed. Good Acting. Good History. Beautiful shots of Paris. Good take on what a writer’s life might be like. However, all the above competition was better.

I also liked Moneyball. Worth seeing just for Jonah Hill’s performance

I wasn’t all that enthused about Extremely Loud & Incredibly Close. Very slow. The young kid, Thomas Horn, who got the role when he was noticed on Jeopardy did a credible job but it is just to much to ask of a young first time actor to carry the movie. He really needed more help than Sandra Bullock and Tom Hanks gave him. There were better movies out that that didn’t get nominated that this one.

Saving the worst for last. The worst movie ever to be nominated for an Oscar. The Tree Of Life would have to improve to be a stinker. I get weirdness and symbolism I just don’t want to spend two hours and nine minutes watching it. The next time I get an inkling to go to a movie like this I am going to get someone to hit me in the groin with a baseball pat. That would be less painful

Bill

MaryCatherine February 24, 2012 at 8:06 PM

Loved the Artist. It is definitely worth seeing!!!! Hope you are feeling better and get some help with that laundry.

CLSD OPEN February 24, 2012 at 7:55 PM

I haven’t seen any of the Oscar movies, either, but sure can relate to the laundry!! ;) Have a good weekend, all!

Lian February 24, 2012 at 9:23 AM

You know, Karyn… that kinda is my idea of a good time. hahaha. Lian

Karyn February 24, 2012 at 9:06 AM

Well, I saw Moneyball last week, feeling that I “should”. Ugh. Unless watching Brad Pitt stare off into space and eat snacks is your idea of a good movie, skip it!