Skin Care Recommendations: Palmer’s Cocoa Butter; Natural Skin Shop Glycolics and Bobbi Brown

by Lian on March 6, 2012

Hi, all..

I knew I’d need to do some follow-up to Chaos Chronicles Podcast 506 when I mentioned that my new “No Gifts Please” gift is Palmer’s Cocoa Butter Formula with Vitamin E.  I’ve gotten a few question on Facebook and in my inbox about which specific product. ( I had no idea the Palmer’s Line was SO extensive!), so I thought one simple blog post would help. My personal  goal is to age with grace– and without plastic surgery. So  when I find a product or tchnique that works, I’m happy to share.

Let’s start with the basics:

Click here to link to Amazon.com. You can buy the paperback version for 8 bucks!

Bobbi Brown’s Living Beauty Bobbi Brown is a my role model and hero when it comes to aging, business and the intersection of the two. I admire the way she runs her business and her life. All hail, Bobbi Brown. When she was a guest on Satellite Sisters, she was as down-to-earth and informative as you would guess. And her message about how to  look great as we age started and ended wit h: MOISTURIZE. We had her on to talk about her wonderful book Living Beauty, a step -by -step guide to skin care, make-up, hair care and dressing that I believe every woman of a certain age should have on her bookshelf ( or Kindle!).   Lots of before and after pictures will make you a Bobbi Brown believer, too . A little effort — and moisturizer– goes a long way in keeping up appearances without surgery. I recently loaned the book to a frieind of mine who commented that I seem to know how to apply make-up and that she, after 48 years on the planet, still did not know how. My answer: Bobbi Brown. Here’s a link to the amazon page.

Don't eat it. Schmear it.

Palmer’s Cocoa Butter Formula with Vitamin E This product was totally new to me, a recent British import apparently. I was watching Dr. Oz and he had on a clear-skinned NYC Dermatologist to recommend her best anti-aging products that didn’t break the bank. She singled out Palmer’s Cocoa Butter Formula with Vitamin E as a great option for lessening  age spots, scars and, as their packaging suggests, unattractive marks. ( For me, that means all that sun damage on my decolletage from years lifeguarding.) I found a $4.99 jar at Target and I have really seen results. Plus, it smells so good you want to eat it. Palmer’s has an extensive product line ( who knew?) and I’ve branched out to the Skin Oil as well. I’m counting on Palmers to get rid of the “unattractive marks”  left over from the poison oak outbreak on my legs! Find the website here.

Be sure to take advantage of the great customer service for the right strength peel for your skin.

Natural Skin Shop Glycolics I’ve converted a few of you over to the wonder of glycolics, a natural product derived from sugar cane and great for exfoliating.  Today another convert mentioned how much better her skin looked with glycolics, so I thought I’d remind you of the products over at naturalskinshop.com . Exciting news! They have a brand new Peel Center on their site with products, information and great customer service. Take advantage of the customer service reps to get the right glycolic products for your skin type and needs. I’m a big fan of their whole line, from cleansing to their serums and moisturizers. But it’s the peels that really make a visible difference in my skin.  Click here for the Natural Skin Shop website.

Related Posts:

Basic Skin Care Advice from Ginger of the Natural Skin Shop

Ten Things I’m enjoying Today

Hope that helps. Let me know what you’ve discovered

Maryann March 15, 2012 at 4:46 AM

Love that Palmer’s Cocoa Butter. Here’s another tip for using it. I put a little on my hands and running it through my hair whenever my hair is dry or fly away. It makes it smooth and gives it a great shine. It a miracle product!

Cyndi March 10, 2012 at 4:47 AM

Count me among those that bought the Palmers … I love it! Thank you for the endorsement – I am such a sucker for soaps/lotions and anything that smells good or makes my skin feel good. I also bought the Palmers Shea Butter lotion just because. Great price too – I draw the line at super expensive.

patty s March 9, 2012 at 5:27 PM

Palmer’s is also in my possession! Thanks for the heads up!

tb March 9, 2012 at 4:12 AM

Regarding the “no gifts” policy, when I get an invitation that says “no gifts” I try to think if the person is involved in a specific charity or what they might like, and I make a donation to that charity in honor of their birthday or whatever the occasion is. That way, they don’t get another item they can’t use or don’t want, and I have acknowledged their special day in a meaningful way. I love it when people do that for me when I say NO GIFTS! Love your podcasts–they make me run further than I would so I can listen to the whole thing in one shot!

pat in o.c. March 7, 2012 at 9:06 AM

Just heard the podcast. Dentist torture, & now poison oak….I hope you have a rapid healing…..ow-w-w-w……

Cocoa butter, I’m on that one….great suggestion.

Rush & Fluke – I dislike what Rush said. It was unnecessary, rude, & stupid. I may agree w/his political view on the issue that was before Congress. But, I disagree w/the immature & crude way he chose to frame his response. I have no issue w/sponsors leaving, free speech & free enterprise are good things. I have no issue if he should sit out a few days, or doesn’t. I think he apologized as sincerely as he could muster one up. What would be enough for some of his media & political critics short of getting him off the air.

Karen Tumulty’s Wash. Post column noting Kirsten Powers column about Limbaugh not being the only media mysoginist is excellent. Karen & Kirsten point out the left & right ugly, ugly words vs. women, including themselves. What came of those attacks? Zippo outrage if it came from the left, even if on Tumulty herself from the left.

Civil discourse should go both ways.

Bill Mahr, Ed Schultz, Taibbi, Olberman, etc., the things they have said about Palin, Bachman, Haley, female Tea Party supporters, female pro-life activists, etc., famous and not famous right wing women…..what Rush said, pales in comparison very often. It wasn’t right then, & it wasn’t right when Rush chose to do the same.

Lynn March 7, 2012 at 7:42 AM

On the “NO Gifts” — I am in the camp of if they request no gifts than no gifts. I have done this for anniversary parties for my parents & in-laws and stated “your presence is our present”

Microdermabrasion March 7, 2012 at 1:04 AM

Nice post, very informative skin care post i get to read after so long. And yes, i really like this product Cocoa Butter Formula.

Diana Adair March 6, 2012 at 8:09 PM

Glad I found your site. I love chemical peels.

Linda Sue March 6, 2012 at 7:15 PM

Nice article on BBrown in last Sunday’s NYT magazine.

Lisa Nicholson March 6, 2012 at 11:55 AM

I feel like I wrote the above comment. I too headed to Walgreens after hearing your suggestion for the Palmer’s Cocoa Butter Formula. I love it. Thanks for the tip. It was like a bit of “look what I found” coming back.

Have a great week. I love the podcasts. Keep up the great work, benadryl or no Benadryl!!

Lisa

Lian March 6, 2012 at 11:00 AM

Deanna– get thee to a make-up counter. a few good products and a hands-on lesson can last a long time.

Chpdlivr- i enjoy that kind of power!!

Deanna March 6, 2012 at 10:32 AM

Thanks for the info on this.

Some friends and I were talking about various makeup lines, and I mentioned that I’ve never been to a makeup counter. Ever. My friend swears she’s going to rectify this and take me to a MAC counter.

Frankly, I’m kind of intimidated by MAC. After all, if they can make RuPaul look fantastic, they should make me look like a VS model.

I don’t know if I really want to wield that kind of power. *tosses hair*

chpdlivr March 6, 2012 at 10:24 AM

Listened to the podcast at 8am on Monday and had some Palmers in my possession by 10am!!! Used it on my face and hands last night before I slept…..my cuticles look a lot better already! I’m sold!!!

I guess the next thing for me is peels…….but that’s a bigger commitment.

Sorry about your poison oak, Lian. But thanks for another enjoyable AND informative podcast!