Chaos Chronicles Podcast 508: Summer Schedule Stress; Dads vs. Huggies & A Tribute to Ocean Spray

by Lian on March 16, 2012

Top of the morning to all of you. I know it’s a day early, but happy St. Patrick’s Day. I’m in the mood now, as I just watched my sister Sheila, a third grade teacher,  win the Jig Contest at her school. She drafted me to attended for moral support and my particularly loud clap. But she didn’t need my help to take the crown ( and the flashing Shamrock necklace). She had the support of the entire third grade which cheered particularly loud for her Riverdance routine. Erin Go Bragh, Sheila Rigby Dolan!

On Chaos Chronicles 508:

The Chaos Chronicles: can one multigenerational family find 3 days of vacation time this summer?

Brands & Branding: Dads Mad at Huggies;  Adweek defines three new archetypes of women advertisers are targeting; and Martha Stewart’s Easter Arsenal

How delicious can one juice be? Thank you, Ocean Spray, for all you do.

Plus a Very Special Shout-out to Ocean Spray . Thanks, Ocean Spray, for doing such a fine, fine job at brand extension. I can’t say enough about everything from Craisins to Sparklers. And loving the Cherry Juice. Click here to visit the very cheery ( and cherry) Ocean Spray Website. Recipes, products and charming photos of cranberry bogs.

Also, the To Do List.

What are your plans for St. Patrick’s Day? I was planning on attending Pasadena’s LitFest and then the rockin’ after-party. But, alas, LitFest has been postponed until May 12 thanks to a giant winter storm headed our way. So I’m open to suggestions…

Embracing my chaos, Lian

Related Posts:

The Triumph of the Mashed Potato Bar

Thanksgiving To Do List: As many Cranberries as Possible

Cyndi March 24, 2012 at 5:48 PM

Getting caught up with listening … Lian this podcast was priceless!! So so funny I couldn’t stop laughing. Massaging cats and laughing cow me time hahahaha ….

Lian March 19, 2012 at 7:16 AM

Kayla– we go meatless several days a week already. But, as I mentioned on the show, it is very difficult to get the calories and protein into growing teen boys without meat. (They literally eat 4,000 calories a day. That’s a LOT of whole grain pasta!)

Last night, I made a roast and my son broke into a giant smile,”‘Ah… meat!”

So– that’s my challenge. Lian

t3zoo March 18, 2012 at 4:45 PM

Good point, Beckett!

I loved the bit about the egg drying rack, and how finding the ruler alone would take three hours! I could relate today when we were searching for the tool to relace a baseball mitt. I’ve been seeing that thing around for years, thought I knew the top three possible locations, but could not find it!!

Also, can’t wait to try Ruby Cherry!

Kayla Capper March 18, 2012 at 8:11 AM

Like so many people, you were freaked out about the report about the danger of red meat and the gross story about pink slime. Rather than
resorting to chicken and fish, how about trying to eat vegetarian at least once a week. Or try some meat substitues from the brands Gardenburger, Morningstar, or Gardein.

Kathy in Atlanta March 17, 2012 at 7:22 PM

Erin Go Bragh, to you, too, Lian!
Can you sing “The Rocky Road to Dublin”?
It’s my new exercise for a healthy brain.

Ma Schmidt March 17, 2012 at 6:02 PM

Winter Storm? Ironic! It’s 80 in Iowa – next year, come to the Cedar Rapids festivities here!

Marge March 17, 2012 at 2:36 PM

Anxious to try out the cherry Ocean Spray! Speaking of marketing, have you seen the ad for Hardee’s Hot Burger? It has jalapeno peppers, so it’s hot, I get it. The ad has a voluptuous blonde in a convertible at a drive in movie eating(or possibly making love to) a Hot Burger. Seems like they did a similar ad a few years ago with Paris Hilton. Ugg!

Beckett Graham March 17, 2012 at 8:48 AM

So how did the uber-planner MIL give birth to Berick “no reservations” T?? :) I laughed at the very beginning when there was a little “ahem!” in your voice when you said “Sometimes you need to make reservations early.”