Dockers Shortage in America! Parenting Advice! A New Season of The Chaos Chronicles Podcast Begins

by Lian on August 17, 2012

Hello, Chaos Crew!

The Kids are back at school and I’m back in the closet with a new Season of Chaos! Yes, my sixth season creating my weekly podcast .  Thanks for all your support over the years.

Today on Chaos Chronicles Podcast 601:

Attention America! Forget the drought! Let’s talk about the Shorts Shortage! Hello, Dockers, where are all your shorts? Please contact me if you have a 32 flat front that my son can wear to school.

Your Advice for New High School Parents Amended: You gave me great advice three years ago; I added to it .Read the complete post here.

Food warriors, here is your study! Are you on aligned with the anti-cupcake faction at school? Me, too. ( Read my Institutionalized Snacking post here)  Now there’s a new  a study to back up high calorie restriction laws in schools.

Glad to be back! Like the podcast? Spread the word. Share the link on Facebook or Twitter. Thanks.

Fri, 17 August 2012

Lian Dolan starts her sixth season behind the microphone. This week, Back to School advice for New High School Parents. Plus, Lian identifies a major shortage in the BTS supply chain: Dockers Shorts. Plus, A Panini Generation update.

Direct download: Chaos_601.mp3
Category:2012 — posted at: 7:46 PM

Diane August 20, 2012 at 1:11 PM

Amazon usually comes through for me. Our pool pump broke the first of August, all I could find in WI was shovels and snowplows, so Amazon had a pump. I have also tried to find childrens waterproof mittens in January to no avail. So now I buy summer things in March and Winter items by September. And, hope I have enough to carry me through.

MaryCatherine August 20, 2012 at 9:49 AM

I was so excited to hear your voice on my ipod today. Thanks for starting a new season! I am sure that we all understand when you need to take care of your family instead of recording sometimes.
My advice for parents of high school age children is to understand that they are all different. Just when you think you have it all figured out after the first one the second one comes along and changes all the rules. Be flexible to some extent but keep the same values. Also, remember to try to enjoy it all! This time goes very quickly and then they are gone. I never thought I would miss the pile of large athletic shoes belonging to my sons friends piled by the front door but I do! Also, good luck to Betty’s daughter at St. Lawrence University. My son is a recent grad and was a member of the soccer program! Great teams, Great school and Great Academics!

Maggie Nix August 19, 2012 at 1:10 PM

So excited for the beginning of a new season!!! I found your advise for parents of Freshman entertaining and so true in many aspects. One thing that I would add – not every child is destined for college! My four are so very different, one felt it was her only choice, one started and left because she was overwhelmed by the size of the college she choose. One is not academically motivated enough to get in, and the youngest just can’t make up her mind. College is a great goal, and every parent has that dream for their kids, but sometimes you have to step back and see where life takes them. Praying for your Mom and Dad, as well as the rest of your family as you travel this heart-wrenching path! Oh and as to your question, are girls easy to get ready to go back to school………. NO WAY! Three girls and one boy……. the girls make life almost unbearable sometimes. Clothes, hair, shoes, other girls, etc….. I wish it was just a matter of finding dockers!
Peace & Blessings
Maggie

Susan August 19, 2012 at 12:42 PM

I also want to add to the advice to high school parents, something that was offered to me by a psychologist. Put $20 in an envelope in the garage. Your son/daughter can then always come home in a cab, no questions asked, if some drinking has gone on. This does not preclude you from opening up a discussion if you find yourself replacing the $20 too often.

Chpdlivr August 19, 2012 at 4:17 AM

I was thinking Kohls, too, for the shorts.

Thanks for the podcast and for sharing so much of your family situations. I think it helps lots of listeners.

Mari @Bookworm with a View August 17, 2012 at 3:28 PM

Great show this week Lian. I didn’t know Jennifer Aniston got engaged (who’s Justin?) – I may have written half of the HS advise (ha). I promise you that if we don’t let our kids make mistakes and fail in HS/at home it will happen in college (and you won’t be there to guide them). It’s a skill they need to learn, let them make mistakes. – To do list… more tears, but good ones. Your message is spot on…

Cyndi August 17, 2012 at 1:53 PM

It’s so frustrating to track down a simple pair of Dockers pants – I know what you mean! Try the Kohl’s website – I just checked and they have the flat front in size 32 online – search for Dockers shorts on their website. A few options come up, it was the 3rd or 4th down. Good luck!

Susan August 17, 2012 at 12:25 PM

We feel your pain at my household re: disappearing products. A year or so ago, Dockers discontinued a brand for tall men. My husband expressed his outrage “live” to the folks at customer service, but to no avail.