Naked Prince Harry! LL Cool J! Lance Armstrong! Plus, College Apps: Chaos Chronicles 602

by Lian on August 24, 2012

Last week, I wondered how I was going to fill the time after the Olympics and then PRINCE HARRY TOOK OFF HIS CLOTHES! Hallelujah!

But first, Dog Shaming: I mentioned it on the air, now find the website and enjoy a few moments at some dog’s expense.

Trend I love: Dog Shaming! Click here to find the Tumblr site

On this week’s podcast:

Fri, 24 August 2012
The Chaos Chronicles: Stop me before I apply to College for my son!Plus, what a news week!Naked Prince Harry!

Lance Armstrong

LL Cool J

and

The Coffee Cup Murder

Plus, My To Do List

Direct download: chaos_602.mp3
Category:2012 — posted at: 8:07 PM

Cyndi August 28, 2012 at 8:25 AM

I’ve been listening to Lian for a number of years and I am always impressed by the variety of her news sources – wish I was as consistently informed. Need to work on that!

Susan in Iowa August 28, 2012 at 6:12 AM

Hi Lian-
I hear you on the college application process! Our son scored a 33 on his ACT first time, 4.0 student …I thought he would jump at the opportunity to start putting out the applications- nope…dragging his feet. I guess it’s like anything – once you start, it’s easy, it’s just the “getting started” part that is making me anxious! Luckily, most college academic scholarships are not due until January 1. Remember, you are not alone! :)

William J. August 26, 2012 at 2:13 PM

Now that just shocks me.

(Not really but it did make me smile.)

Bill

Lian August 26, 2012 at 1:12 PM

Bill… I don’t always agree with you either. ;)

William J. August 25, 2012 at 8:15 AM

I am going to stick up for Lian here although she is pretty darn good at sticking up for herself. I’ve listened to Lian for years before she started her own gig I listened to her on Satellite Sisters.

She is without a doubt one of the most informed persons on this planet. I’ve heard her quote all the sources she mentioned and about a thousand others.

I don’t always agree with her but I respect her opinion because I know it is an informed one. I wish everyone was informed as she was.

Bill

Lian August 25, 2012 at 6:28 AM

Hi, Jan.. Listen again. I would never have said I get all my political news fron JOhn Stewart. I said I’m not a fan of the hokey conventions and this year I’ll be watching the convention coerage on John Stewart. I also said that most americans still get their news from the major networks.

I use a variety of sources for information- from the NYT, the LAT, the Wall Street Journal, several weekly magazines and ABC news on TV. Give me a little credit– Lian

Jan August 24, 2012 at 8:44 PM

Although I enjoy the occasional laugh with John Stewart, I find it a sad commentary that by your own admission you get all your political news and views from that source. And I fear that many young people today do the same. As pure entertainment he does poke fun at lots of people but he also takes things out of context and puts a spin on everything but the liberal point of view.

Mari @Bookworm with a View August 24, 2012 at 4:22 PM

Your comment about not being able to share Prince Harry’s naked Vegas experience… priceless. whew… so happy to hear that was your answer!

Then I get home from a run and am greeted with dog eating throw up (…do I hope it’s hers?) Evidence gone so no shameless photo to share – just a disgusting story.

Sending good thoughts, prayers, wishes to you and your family… laugh or cry (always try to laugh, when possible). Hugs, Mari